CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Boring Task=Procrastination



I am taking an online course this summer to move up on the pay scale. It has to been one of the most boring classes ever and I just started. I got my first assignment last week, a 3 page paper critiquing a content achievement test and evaluating its use with English language learners. Doesn't that just grab your attention and make you want to dive right in? NOT ME! I read that and almost cried...really. It's been a really long time since I've done any collegiate writing. It's hard and honestly I don't like things that are hard. It was kinda funny, though! I opened the text book for the first time and the quote that began the entire book was from Oprah Winfrey and said,


"Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity.

Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand."


I guess it's easier for Oprah to "find a new way to stand" when she's wearing really cute expensive shoes! I thought maybe buying a cute binder with matching tabbed dividers for the class would make this pill a little bit easier to swallow...it hasn't.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I just have to say that when I first looked at that picture all I saw was the word at the top of the book -- you cut it off just at the right place :) And your toenails look very pretty.

Amy said...

That's hilarious, Beth! I had to go back and look to see what it said! :)

Kristi said...

Maybe the picture was Freudian slip of what this class is a pain in.