CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Fishing...Not For Me




I am not and don't ever claim to be a fisherman (fisherwoman?). I hate everything about it-the smell, the icky fish, the nasty river, the smell, not to mention the mosquitoes that inevitably accompany such an activity. And in all honesty, I am dreadfully afraid of fish. Even aquarium fish. I don't know what it is. They just freak me out! This past weekend we were camping with my in-laws church group and the main activity was fishing. My husband and son were thirilled and had a great time they caught many good sized fish. Eric caught the big one that they are holding together. The stringer is a joint effort between Grandpa Ediger, Uncle Kevin and Uncle Rob. The one that Tyler is kissing (eewww!) was the biggest that he caught on his own. He decided that he was going to clean it himself, even though it was a big fish and he had never done it by himself before. Eric, like the good dad he is, decided that he was not going to "die on that hill" and let him do it. From that big fish he salvaged about a cup of meat. Eric winced but said nothing (good daddy!) The guys had a great time, and that's what's important, right?

1 comments:

Amy said...

Have you already given up on blogging?