CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 22, 2007

Yah, I Know It's Been Awhile



I have decided that this blog thing is going to be a fun thing for me and not something looming over my head on my to-do list. I will only be writing when I feel like writing. If I feel like it is something I have to do on a timetable, I won't have fun with it. So...with that said I will start my new blog entry.


I love summer! Not just because I don't have to work (OK, that is a big factor). Schedules are more free, there is more outdoor play with my kids, picnics, boating, the list goes on and on. One thing I love are the small discoveries my kids can make in the summer. The other day we found a turtle walking down our street (knowing our neighborhood he was probably trying to score some of what ever they are selling around here). We took hime home, kept him in the garage in an old aqarium. We went to the library to check out books on turtles and they spent a good part of the day researching their turtle, whose name is Speedy, by the way. We kept hime for a few days with intentions of entering him in the turtle races around July 4, but we coundn't get the poor thing to eat so we let him go at Aunt Jill's pond. I just love the types of experiences and learning that summer can bring!

1 comments:

Amy said...

So was your turtle just not hungry, or was he high on something? :)